- Strong Random Password Generator
The Strong Random Password Generator Tool
The strong random password generator is free to use. Please refer to the user guide below, and take a look at the reminders guide for good password management practices. Enjoy.
No Generated Passwords Are Stored by eComputerZ
Using The Strong Random Password Generator Tool
The strong random password generator tool is a free and secure service presented to you by eComputerZ. In the Malware section I am constantly advising site visitors to change their passwords to something more complex, and therefore more difficult to crack by the cyber criminals.
The default password length is set to 16. This is the minimum password length you should be using. Use the sliding scale to increase or decrease the number of characters for your new password, which you can do with your mouse, or by simply clicking or tapping the black slider then using your keyboard arrow keys to move the slider left or right. My recommendation is to increase, not decrease.
When you generate your new password, it will include symbols, numbers and capital letters by default. However, if you would like to reduce the complexity of your new password, for example, to avoid confusion between the number zero and the letter 'O', simply uncheck the boxes next to each option and click or tap the Generate Password button again.
Once you are happy with your new password, click or tap the Copy Password button. Do not worry if the strong random password generator doesn't display all of your new password characters in the "Your New Password" box. They are all there!
From here, you can paste it in to a secure file or application where you manage your passwords for your different accounts.
Password Protection Reminders
- Always use unique and complex passwords for all of your online accounts. If you use the same password for all of your accounts, that's all of your accounts hacked if one is compromised.
- Avoid personally identifiable information in passwords such as names, birthdays or home addresses. Easy to remember; Easy to crack.
- Ensure your passwords are at least 16 characters, including at least one number, symbol and capital letter, i.e. just like this tool generates for you.
- Try and avoid using web browsers to store your passwords. They can be more easily compromised than you think.
- Avoid using Wi-Fi Hotspots unless you are using a good Private VPN service.
- It is recommended that you should change your passwords every 10 weeks or so. I would recommend you come back here and use the powerful random password generator tool to create your new passwords.
- Ensure your master copy of your passwords is encrypted using specialist tools such as 7-Zip, and Backed Up to a secure location, for quick access if required.
- Always use Multi-Factor Authentication whenever it is available.
- Although Cloud Computing is all the rage, try and avoid storing passwords here if possible. You never know who get their hands on them.
- Do not send your passwords to anyone else by e-mail, or even by text. This is a risky thing to do, and emails are easily intercepted.
- Always log out of your account when you are finished using it, especially if you are using a shared or public computer.
Share With Others
Find Us On Social Media